We aim to achieve a 1:1 ratio of student to devices through our
Bring Your Own (BYOD) device program (PDF, 2.15MB).
All students and families are encouraged to purchase or bring their own device as long as it meets the minimum specifications outlined on the specifications web page. The school has been in contact with several retailers and links are supplied on the Purchasing a BYOD laptop page as an option for parents purchasing a BYO device. The use of these retailers is not mandatory and they are provided as a convenience for parents along with information to consider when purchasing.
An annual parental contribution of $120 will apply for the BYOD program. This is payable at the start of each school year. Students new to the scheme will also need to complete the Responsible Use Agreement contained in the BYOD 2018 booklet.
The annual fee contributes to the following items:
- BYOD Licence for Adobe Creative Suite
- technical support for connection and software access
- Hot Swap pool for limited loans when BYOD device is non-functional (Conditions apply)
- diagnosing and assisting in fault identification of software and hardware issues with possible cost association and ‘best option’ suggestions
- drop off point to allow school option as place of repair
- onsite charging stations for BYOD computers.
Software for your BYO computer can be found on the software specifications web page to support your readiness at Corinda SHS.
There are a number of software you will get for free by being enrolled, so there is no need to purchase the following:
FREE Microsoft Office: Microsoft Office is available for free for students in State Schools, including MS Word, Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS One Note and MS Outlook.
- Adobe Software Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator for BYOD.
- Anti-Virus Software installed, Windows Defender (Free with Windows 10) can be used as long as it's updated regularly.
- BYOD Connection Program: We have developed an app to assist BYOD devices in connecting to printers and network drives.
What devices are not supported?
- Microsoft Surface RT & Microsoft Windows 10S
- Chrome Books
- Linux Devices.