As an Independent Public School Corinda State High School has both a School Council and a P&C Association. Both groups support the school in different ways but operate separately.
The role of the School Council is to monitor and inform the school’s strategic direction in a way that achieves the best learning outcomes for their students by:
- Monitoring the school’s strategic direction
- Approving plans and policies of the school of a strategic nature, and other documents affecting strategic matters, including the annual estimate of revenue and expenditure for the school
- Monitoring the implementation of the plans, policies and other documents mentioned above
- Advising the school’s principal about strategic matters.
The School Council must perform its functions in a way that achieves the best learning outcomes for the school’s students.
The School Council may not:
- Interfere with management by the school’s principal of day-to-day operations of the school and its curriculum; or
- Make operational decisions about the use of teaching or learning resources at the school; or
- Make decisions about the individual teaching style used, or to be used, at the school; or
- Make a decision that is contrary to law or a written policy of the department; or
- Have control of funds; or
- Enter into contracts; or
- Acquire, hold, dispose of or deal with property; or
- Sue or be sued.
School Council Members
The Council consists of student, staff, parent and community representatives. The Executive Principal and the Parent and Citizens Association President are automatic members of the Council.
The elected members of the Council are:
|P&C President||Naomi Henry|
|Community Representative||Alison Curtis|
Executive Principal's Statement
Corinda State High School is very fortunate to have a strong School Council that plays a key role in monitoring our strategic direction. As important decision makers the School Council, in collaboration with school representatives, ensures the pathway to achieving success is clearly understood and executed by school and community members.
The School Council is committed to driving through the strategic agenda and vision of Exceeding Your Expectations. As the school continues to flourish with innovative learning and academic excellence, education is not only a major focus for teachers and parents, but also the School Council. Furthermore, the School Council upholds Corinda’s reputation of being a distinguished school within the wider community.