Literacy and numeracy is at the heart of our student’s ability to learn and succeed at school and beyond.
We aim to give every student the best chance to master everyday academic literacy and numeracy so they can meet the challenges of 21st century life.
Our teachers engage students in common strategies, including signature strategies that continue from the junior secondary phase of learning.
Examples of student literacy and numeracy learning experiences include:
- Reading routines and learning experiences based on models of excellent writing
- Numeracy moments and high level problem-solving activities
- After school tutoring
- Regular progress testing for junior secondary students
- Intervention for students at risk of not achieving the literacy and numeracy demands of the QCE
- Practice QCS testing to inform teacher planning.