Rules and policies


​​​​​​​What should I do if...

I arrive late

  • Report to the Student Services in the RIC building with a note from your parents or guardian. 
  • You will be issued with a late slip to enter your next class.
  • Students without a valid reason for being late will be required to attend the Withdrawal Room (D11) at break time/s.

I need to leave school early

  • You must have a note from your parent or guardian requesting permission to leave school at a specific time.
  • Report to the Deans of Students in the RIC building before the school day commences and a Dean will sign your Student Planner.
  • At the time of departure, you must report to Student Services to sign out. 

I am absent from school

Your parent/guardian needs to:

  • Contact the school by 9:00 am by using either the QParents app, or by phone to the absence line on 3379 0290 or email
  • Information required: student's name, year level, Home Group, date of absence, reason for absence, name of person advising of absence and relationship to student.

I have been absent from school and my parent/guardian did not contact the school

  • You must provide a note the next day you are at school, explaining your absence which is signed by your parent/guardian, to your Home Group teacher or Student Services.

I feel sick

  • In class, inform your teacher who will sign your Student Planner to report to Sick Bay located in D Block. 
  • You are to report to Sick Bay with your signed Student Planner and your belongings where you will sign in. 
  • You will then be able to access Sick Bay for a short period of time. 
  • Your parents/guardians will be contacted and asked to collect you if you are too sick/injured to remain at school. 

I have lost/misplaced something at school

  • Check the areas or rooms where the property was last seen. If not found, report to the Payments Office in D Block where lost property is stored. Please view the Lost Property policy below for more information. 
  • You can also email an enquiry about a particular item to

I need to see the Guidance Officer/School Nurse/Chaplain

  • In your own time visit the Guidance Officer/School Nurse/Chaplain so that an appointment time can be organised. 
  • A date and time will be given to you and a slip which must be shown to the teacher whose lesson you will miss.
  • Parents may make appointments by telephoning the office.

I am not in correct uniform

  • Before school, present a note from your parent/guardian to your relevant Dean of Students. 

I need to pay monies

  • All payments must be made at the Payments Office in D Block.
  • Payment times are 7.30am–1.​30 pm. Students are not permitted to make payments in class time. 


At Corinda, we uphold numerous policies focused on the wellbeing and safety of our students, staff and our wider school community. They are listed below:

These policies are reviewed periodically and are correct at the time of publication.

Last reviewed 23 August 2023
Last updated 23 August 2023