Here at Corinda, we are proud of our grounds and facilities because it enables us to offer a range of curriculum subjects, extra-curricular activities and sports to our students.
- Sports hall for badminton, volleyball and netball
- Two external multipurpose courts for basketball, netball and volleyball
- Two tennis courts
- On campus training facility where students can do their Certificate III in Fitness
- Sports Oval.
- Air-conditioned Performing Arts theatrette that sits 100 people
- Art spaces featuring a pottery kiln and dark room
- Recording studio
- Mac suite room with industry standard music software
- Air-conditioned Dance studios.
Trade Training Centre
- Our Trade Training Centre offers vocational qualifications in Sampling & Measurement (Certificate II), Laboratory Skills (Certificate III) and Electro-Technology (Certificate III).
- The Centre also features a laboratory testing facility which includes a classroom and computer lab.
- In 2017 we will begin a new co-partnership arrangement with TAFE for the delivery of a Certificate III pathway to Laboratory Assistants, Technicians and Instrument operators.
- Backstage Brew is a Café training facility located in our Arts Precinct. This innovative collaborative teaching space prepares our Hospitality and Business students for the workforce.
- Certificate I and IV in Hospitality and Certificate II and IV in Business are delivered through this on campus training facility, in partnership with Training Direct Australia, Sarina Russo and Di Bella Coffee.
- Since opening in mid 2016, Backstage Brew has become well known for selling good food, great coffee and excellent service to members of staff and students of our school. In 2017, Backstage Brew will be open to the public every school day between 7am and 9am.
- For more information about our Hospitality and Business curriculum refer to the Humanities & Business page.
- Our Agricultural Farm which backs onto the Oxley River and Rocklea common land, is a unique feature of our school. This farm is home to livestock and features a beekeeping facility, plant tissue laboratory, sheering facility and horticulture.
- Through this Agricultural Farm, students have the opportunity to learn about sustainable urban agricultural practices. This includes soil improvement, hydroponics, composting, nutrient and matter cycling, worm farming as well as a raft of animal husbandry skills centred around bees, poultry, sheep and cattle.
- Our Agricultural forecourt features a 100% organic permaculture garden which is designed to maximise vegetable yield and soil health through companion planting and crop rotation.
- Our Science Precinct provides labs for each of the Senior Sciences we offer: Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science and Physics.
- Each lab caters for the unique experimental requirements for students to conduct investigations for learning and assessment needs. Our laboratories are set up in such a way as to easily facilitate student-centred discussion and inquiry.
- Senior students have access to breakout spaces specifically designed to conduct experiments that require more time to generate data such as bacterial and plant growth investigations.
- All of our laboratories meet the highest safety standards and are very well resourced with state-of-the-art technology such as spectrophotometry, gel electrophoresis and polymerase chain reaction apparatus.