Online Classroom Resources
Please note: student should be accessing their relevant online learning material through their OneNote.
To help prepare parents/caregivers and students for the continuation of learning should the student or their teacher have to self-isolate, the following strategies have been developed.
It is already an expectation that all classes have an online class platform. The preference is class OneNote; however, there are other educational platforms that are being used in a number of faculties. If remote teaching is to occur, the following is expected to be the most common process for staff to deliver online learning:
- Use class OneNote to share content, Learning Intentions and Success Criteria and to set work for students with clear instructions.
- Teachers to use video recordings to record anything that requires teacher explanation. This could be in the form of PowerPoints, embedded videos on class OneNote or through another educational platform.
- Using digital platforms to enrich learning, such as ClickView (video sharing platform), digital textbooks (such as Jacaranda LearnOn) or other platforms specific to the learning areas.
- Emails will be sent to absent students and their parents/caregivers outlining the work for each week.
- Students will be able to use the Q&A area set up in the collaboration space of the class OneNotes to ask questions to the teacher and the other students.
- Students, parents/caregivers and teachers can use email and class notebook to communicate directly with each other. Please be mindful that our teachers may not be able to respond immediately to emails as they will still be running their physical classes.
Some faculties are using other platforms for their classes for example, Education Perfect, Stile and Cloud Assess. It will be clearly communicated with students and parents/caregivers if they will be using this platform as well or instead of class OneNote.
To ensure you are best equipped to support your student at home, we have developed a number of resources which are outlined below. These guides have been developed for students and are available through the Student Sharepoint site. This will be communicated to students as well.
Using Class OneNotes- http://www.onenoteineducation.com/en-US/Guides/Student%20Basics%20-%20Collaborating%20in%20the%20classroom%20with%20a%20OneNote%20class%20notebook
Jacaranda LearnOn- https://support.jacplus.com.au/s/topic/0TO0W000001RbSDWA0/the-new-ebookplus?tabset-dc29b=2
TurnItIn for assessment submission, feedback on drafts and plagiarism checks- https://help.turnitin.com/feedback-studio/turnitin-website/student/quickstart.htm?_ga=2.148215679.997557096.1581286160-848157283.1580879892