Applied Studies is one of the fastest-growing and most innovative subject areas, covering a diverse range of subjects.
Our students thrive on both the creative and practical challenges associated with learning innovative and creative areas of the curriculum such as, food technology, hospitality, design and development across fashion and textiles (to name a few). As many of the subjects in this area are constantly changing, our teachers work to stay ahead of the trend through industry engagement to equip students for these innovative and creative industries. Students can use these subjects to gain tertiary entrance to University, TAFE or to follow careers paths which include:
- Degrees in Hospitality Management, Nutrition, Dietetics, Creative Industries and many more
- Armed Services
- Child Care Worker & Nanny
- Food and Beverage – Hospitality Industry
- Kitchen Hand
- Cake Decorator
- Clothing Production – Textile Engineer
- Textiles Machinist
- Fashion Designer
Subjects delivered in Year 7, 8 and 9 are semester–based courses. These subjects provide our students the opportunity to develop a deeper understand of the impact of decisions, marketing and actions on individuals and communities in the areas of health, nutrition and fashion. Subjects offered include Junior Food Technology and Junior Fashion and Design. For more information about the Applied Studies curriculum, please refer to the Junior Secondary Handbook.
Applied Studies at a senior level builds on the prior knowledge and skills learned in junior. We introduce students to skills and options necessary in becoming a lifelong learner in the world of work and career options. Subjects offered include:
- Home Economics (OP)
- Food & Nutrition
- Senior Fashion & Design
- Hospitality - Certificate IV in Hospitality, Certificate II/III in Hospitality & Certificate I in Hospitality
- Hospitality Practices (SAS)
- Certificate II in Tourism
- Laboratory Skills & Technology - Certificate II in Sampling & Measurement
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education & Care.
For more information about Applied Studies at a senior level, please refer to the Senior Subject Selection Handbook.pdf