Our onsite Nurse promotes health and wellbeing within the school community. Our School Nurse works with students, staff and parents to:
- address concerns about health and wellbeing
- create a more supportive healthy school environment
- connect people to other support services inside and outside of the school.
The School Nurse can also provide health and wellbeing information about:
- healthy eating or physical activity
- feeling unhappy or stressed
- healthy skin
- personal and family problems
- sexual health
- smoking, alcohol and other drugs.
The School Nurse office is located upstairs at the end of G Block. Students are free to visit at lunch time or to make an appointment. Parents/guardians are also more than welcome to speak with the School Nurse and should email to make an appointment to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Attention School nurse) or phone (07) 3379 0222.
This is a voluntary and confidential service, unless the information is required by law or there is a risk to the young person's safety. Nurses are mandatory reporters of child abuse.