Our library is part of the information services department its role is to support the mission of the school. That is, to provide educational learning outcomes for students through the provision of leadership in and focus on the curriculum, the current implementation is through information literacy and the integration of ICTs (Information and Communication Technologies) and the creation of the school community’s future vision for curriculum development.
The Library team works to implement the vision for learning, creating a supportive and responsive learning culture and leading students, teachers, parents and the community in the attainment of learning outcomes.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Effective use of ICTs across the curriculum
- Teaching, learning and curriculum leadership, planning and implementation
- Learning and Development leadership for staff
- Management related to procedures and systems
- Management related to resources and access
- Literature promotion.
The library has a wide selection of books supporting the curriculum and providing for the recreational and leisure needs of students and staff. Its other features are:
- Access to on-line resources such as Web Links and Australian and New Zealand Reference Centre
- Two learning areas with access to 10 computers each
- Wireless access to the internet
- Daily paper and a wide variety of magazines catering for differing interests from Art to Sport and Health
- Colour photocopying and printing
- Quiet study areas and reading areas overlooking the school oval.
The opening hours are Monday to Friday 8:00am to 3:15pm Students may stay later if they have made arrangements in advance with the Teacher-librarian.