Corinda State High School offers a unique selection of agricultural learning opportunities for students who are passionate about discovering the world of sustainable Agriculture.
With a fully operational Agriculture farm led by our Agricultural Manager and assistant, Corinda State High School can offer learning experiences that have not been previously available in schools. We are proud be able to give our students unique experiences to give them a head start towards their future careers.
Our Agricultural studies allows students to actively engage in their agricultural pursuits, including handling of many of our animals including cattle, chickens, goats, sheep and alpacas. Our students are also given the opportunity to practice beekeeping and harvesting of honey. Our students have also planted a full market garden which they maintain and harvest. This produce is used by our hospitality students and also sold to our school staff and community, with all funds being filtered directly back into our school farm projects.
The Corinda Farm boasts a number of innovative programs and facilities, including:
• Over 25 head of cattle
• A Suffolk Sheep stud
• Animal husbandry experience with cattle, goats and sheep
• The opportunity to care for baby animals; kids, lambs and calves
• Working with chickens, alpacas and other livestock
• Egg production and grading in the Trade Training centre
• A full beekeeping facility where students can observe, study and harvest produce
• A market garden, with a variety of herbs, vegetables, fruit and plants
• Access to hydroponics and aquaponics to allow students to experience the future of farming
• A working shearing shed and yards
• Access to the Oxley Common for further care and experience with animals
Students also have the opportunity to show sheep at the Royal Brisbane Exhibition.
Our Agricultural teaching team are well trained and highly-knowledgeable to give our students the best learning outcomes.
Our school has a partnership with the Oxley Common which gives our Agriculture program room to grow beyond our fields. Our students are invited to an annual Agriculture camp at the Oxley Common which gives them the chance to fully immerse themselves in and experience our wide range of Agricultural technology.